[ale] Linux DVD

Ken Kennedy kkennedy at kenzoid.com
Fri Jan 25 11:18:40 EST 2002

On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 07:09:24AM -0500, James P. Kinney III wrote:
> Ogle can be found at:
> http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/groups/dvd/index.shtml
>
> On the downloads page, they have rpm's for every piece you will need to
> get it working. I installed everything but the src.rpm's and it works
> great.
>

> On Fri, 2002-01-25 at 00:45, James Taylor wrote:
> > You wouldn't happen to know where I can get a set of ogle rpm binaries
> > would you?  I finally got ogle to install and run, but all I get is the
> > FBI warning screen and then ogle shuts down.
> >
> > I have xine working now, but ogle looks like it might be a little more
> > functional.

Dang...beat me to the ogle link! *grin*

As a practical tip, though...when I'm looking for project info like
that, I start with two places; freshmeat.net and
sourceforge.net. There can be some overlap (SF projects listed in
freshmeat), which is why I hit FM first. I hit freshmeat's site, put
ogle into the search for projects box, and a couple of clicks later I
was at the Ogle Group's site.

You can, of course, go the Google route as well, and it's usually my
third choice. But if what you're looking for is a fairly active OSS
project, freshmeat and/or sourceforge will usually track down the site
pretty quick.

Tip O' the Day!! *grin*

Ken

 PGP signature