[ale] IP Masquerading Question

bkruger at mindspring.com bkruger at mindspring.com
Thu Jan 24 13:46:54 EST 2002

I was looking at installing Knology cable in my house.  One of their plans requires that you send them the MAC address of the NIC to them for access.

If this is the case, will IP masquerading for a small subnet "spoof" the MAC address for all outward packets to the MAC of the NIC attached to the cable modem?  I've looked over some of the docs for IP Masquerading, but have not been able to confirm/deny this.  It is probably right under my nose....

Regards - Bob Kruger