[ale] AOL sues Microsoft

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Thu Jan 24 12:44:46 EST 2002

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002, Geoffrey wrote:

> Don't get me wrong, I still have to fire up vmware/windows to view some
> word docs, because they aren't properly formatted by anything I've found
> on Linux.  But, I'm not going to just give in.  I am so much more
> productive now that I've got a real operating system to work with.  So
> the initial pain was worth it.

<not directed particularly at Geoffrey; I realize rms' proposal isn't always
feasible in misguided corporate environments>

I think removing the requirement for Microsoft office software to
interoperate with other people is actually rms' most important crusade.
See his article at
<http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2002-01-11-002-20-OP>.

later,
chris