[ale] AOL sues Microsoft

Ken Kennedy kkennedy at kenzoid.com
Thu Jan 24 09:35:39 EST 2002

On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 10:07:05PM -0500, Chris Fowler wrote:

> I'll tell you guys a little secret.
>
> I've been to AOL corporate and this is what the admins told me.
>
> "We do not use Microsoft products where mission cirtical data is concerned"
> "We use either Linux or Solaris"

While generally true...AOL/TW is now such a huge, many-headed entity
that, at present, corporate doesn't really have a clear picture of
what is going on in the various, far-flung outreaches of the
empire. Trust me on this one. *grin* Arguably mission-critical apps
are being (re)written _today_ in .NET by AOL/TW operating divisions. I
wait with some interest to see what happens when (and admittedly, if)
the great corporate eyeball happens to notice...

Ken