[ale] Another Ipchains question

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Thu Jan 24 09:06:56 EST 2002

I thing I have it.  Here is my command line to disable iincoming telnet requests to the server that this command is ran on

/sbin/ipchains -A input -i eth0 -p tcp -s 0.0.0.0/0 23 -d 192.168.2.231/0 23 -j DENY

But here is ipchains -L
Chain input (policy ACCEPT):
target     prot opt     source                destination           ports
DENY       tcp  ------  anywhere             anywhere              telnet ->   telnet
Chain forward (policy ACCEPT):
Chain output (policy ACCEPT):
Chain masq (0 references):

the /0 on destination is screwed.  What should /X be?  255?

I'm trying to stick with that command line format.  This will be total automated.

Thanks,
Chris