[ale] Other GPL'd OSen

Fulton Green ale at FultonGreen.com
Wed Jan 23 18:58:11 EST 2002

So now that I still have access to a CD burner for the next week (which I
used up to this point to burn various Linux distros and FreeBSD), I'm now
setting my sights on other interesting operating systems to play around
with until someone else decides to hire me. Has anyone out there played
around with any of these systems:

- Debian GNU/Hurd (microkernel-based, still in development)
- Plan 9 (developed by Bell Labs as a successor to UNIX)
- AtheOS (built-in GUI,  written in C and C++)
- V2 OS (written entirely in x86 assembly code)

Just wondering ...