[ale] notepad

jeff hubbs hbbs at mediaone.net
Wed Jan 23 15:57:26 EST 2002

Swantje Willms wrote:

> Well, emacs is there 99.9% of the time as well, works great through
> telnet and has a great GUI interface as well if desired, and from the few
> things I know about vi, I find emacs much nicer and more intuitive :-)

There was a time when I HAD to use vi and, with a printed-out tutorial
in my hand, I was able to do what I needed to do, cursing it all the
while and thinking, who could possibly make use of such a thing?  Yet,
I've seen people just fly in vi, so it would be wrong to diss it for
being awkward when some people seem to have made it second nature.

VAX EDT was the first text editor I used heavily, and emacs is more like
EDT, so I gravitate toward emacs in text mode.  I use kedit in X.

I'm just a-fannin' those flames o' war!

- Jeff