[ale] Another questions in regards to ppp

Ken Kennedy kkennedy at kenzoid.com
Tue Jan 22 23:42:06 EST 2002

On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 11:29:37PM -0500, Chris Fowler wrote:
> What confueses me is that the user enterns user/pass in windows DUN to login
> the getty that runs on the modem.  After that takes place, /sbin/pppd is
> executed and will require chap.  Will the user then have to enter the chap
> secret?

Oh! I hear ya! Ummm...isn't there a checkbox in the DUN properties
somewhere that says something about "this connection uses CHAP
authentication", or somesuch? I'd guess that checking that would
enable the DUN client to pass the necessary info to respond to the
challenge (the password is the secret). I'm guessing there
though...I'd have to reboot to Windoze on my main box to look at DUN.