[ale] Execution Paths

Lance Smith lancesmith at charter.net
Tue Jan 22 20:51:01 EST 2002

That worked perfectly!!!!!!!! Thank you Ken.

Lance

Ken Nagorski wrote:
2785.192.168.1.21.1011464394.squirrel at eevee.refriedgeek.com">
  Hi there, I think that it installs in /ust/local/mozilla and the icon on your desktop doesn't know this. Try thisfind / -name "mozilla-bin" -printWhen you find the actual binary do an ls -la and see which one is newer...ThanksKen
   I am not sure what I have done incorrectly.  I have downloaded the

    newer version of Netscape the 6.x version. Installed it using root.Everything goes great, installation successful!!!But my netscape icons still open the older version!!! I know it is amatter of pointing it to the correct file, but alas I cannot find theone I need to use.  What is the type of file that I am looking for. All of the executables in the /usr/bin appear as a piston. However theonly one I can find for netscape is the old one.I know this is so cherry, but please can someone hold my hand.Scwaaaa.....Lance---This message has been sent through the ALE general discussion list. Seehttp://www.ale.org/mailing-lists.shtml for more info. Problems shouldbe  sent to listmaster at ale dot org.

    ----------------------------------------------But I don't want to go among mad people,Alice remarked.Oh, you can't help that, said the Cat:we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.How do you know I'm mad? said Alice.You must be, said the Cat,or you wouldn't have come here.---This message has been sent through the ALE general discussion list.See http://www.ale.org/mailing-lists.shtml for more info. Problems should be sent to listmaster at ale dot org.