[ale] rsync and link files

aaron aaron at pd.org
Tue Jan 22 13:15:50 EST 2002

Was trying to use "rsync" to locally mirror my RH 7.1 hard drive (and
create a long overdue backup) before updating to RH 7.2

For the most part, rsync is being a gem.  However, I would like to
maintain the various soft, hard and absolute link files in most
directories and rsync is not transfering or recreating any of the links.

I have reviewed the man and tried several combinations of the link
handling options listed there with no success. Anyone have a clue
what I might be missing to get the links to be mirrored with the regular
files??

thanks...
aaron