[ale] FTP in a strange way

Matt Shade mshade at threekay.com
Mon Jan 21 13:47:19 EST 2002

Lemme get this straight....
you're on A
You ftp login to B
You want to send a file from B to C (or C to B - you're not clear there)

Either way, without a special ftp client that will allow it, I don't believe
there's a way. UUCP will allow it, and I'm sure there are other ways to do
it. But unless you ftp login to C from B (or vice-versa), I'm not aware of
any ftp commands to allow it.

There used to be an ftp client called XFTP, from Livermore Labs, I believe,
that used to let you login from A into B and C, then transfer files between
B and C, but I haven't seen it in a long time. I'd be willing to bet someone
else has come up with the same thing somewhere.

matt