[ale] Redhat and AOL

Thompson Freeman tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Mon Jan 21 12:35:34 EST 2002

If AOL is looking to use RH software for something - they surely don't
need to buy the company to do so. If AOL wants to carpet bomb linux CDs,
they only need to create the CDs. If support is wanted, they can hire RH
with less financial exposure (I think).

AOL is looking for something internal to the company, a skill set or
something.

On Mon, 21 Jan 2002, Denny Chambers wrote:

> So if AOL buys out Redhat, I wonder if they will try there CD carpet
> bombing techniques with the the RH distro CDs. You won't be able to buy
> a roll of toilet paper with out getting an AOL/Redhat CD.
>
> On a serious note I wonder if AOL is aligning it's card right to put
> together some sort of console/pc or something. Think about an iMAC
> looking computer that boot from linux, and imediately loads into the AOL
> desktop, which uses a Netscape 6.x browser for internet surfing.
>
> Adrin wrote:
> >
> > I just saw the CNN homepage.
> >
> > Did Redhat change their Logo?
> >
> > http://www.cnn.com/2002/TECH/industry/01/21/aol.red.hat.ap/index.html