[ale] Execution Paths

Ken Nagorski kenn at refriedgeek.com
Sat Jan 19 13:19:54 EST 2002

Hi there,

I think that it installs in /ust/local/mozilla and the icon on your desktop
doesn't know this. Try this

find / -name "mozilla-bin" -print

When you find the actual binary do an ls -la and see which one is newer...

Thanks
Ken

 I am not sure what I have done incorrectly.  I have downloaded the
> newer version of Netscape the 6.x version. Installed it using root.
> Everything goes great, installation successful!!!
>
> But my netscape icons still open the older version!!! I know it is a
> matter of pointing it to the correct file, but alas I cannot find the
> one I need to use.  What is the type of file that I am looking for.
> All of the executables in the /usr/bin appear as a piston. However the
> only one I can find for netscape is the old one.
>
> I know this is so cherry, but please can someone hold my hand.
> Scwaaaa.....
>
> Lance
>

> ---
> This message has been sent through the ALE general discussion list. See
> http://www.ale.org/mailing-lists.shtml for more info. Problems should
> be  sent to listmaster at ale dot org.

But I don't want to go among mad people,
Alice remarked.
Oh, you can't help that, said the Cat:
we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.
How do you know I'm mad? said Alice.
You must be, said the Cat,
or you wouldn't have come here.