[ale] OT: DoD security clearance

Bao C. Ha baoha at sensoria.com
Fri Jan 18 16:19:55 EST 2002

don't think you can do it as an individual.  The security clearance is
granted on
need-to-know basis.  I am not sure about DOD, but DOE clearance costs
<SPAN
class=631360921-18012002>company about 10-15K.  If you already have one, it
is just a matter to re-instate
<SPAN
class=631360921-18012002>it.  If you have not had one, it will take months,
years or never to get it.  That's
why
employers require that you are currently cleared or already have one in
the
<SPAN
class=631360921-18012002>past.  They can't afford to let you sitting around
waiting for the clearance process
to be
completed.  It still costs them a bundle to transfer or to re-instate
though.
<SPAN
class=631360921-18012002>
<SPAN
class=631360921-18012002>Bao
<BLOCKQUOTE
style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">
  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Kevin O'Neill Stoll
  [mailto:kevinostoll at yahoo.com]Sent: Friday, January 18, 2002 1:00
  PMTo: ale at ale.orgSubject: [ale] OT: DoD security
  clearance
  Howdy,

      I have been trying to do some
  research regarding obtaining a Department of Defense security clearance. Some
  of the potential employers that I have been working with in my job search
  either require it or ask that you have the ability to re-instate your old one.
  I spent some time on the DoD site but I can't seem to find what I'm looking
  for.

      Anywho, if anyone could point
  me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.
  Thank you,

  Kevin O'Neill Stoll<A
  href="http://kevinstoll.org/"><FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>http://kevinstoll.org/(770)