[ale] won't boot after move

rob hoppe hoppe at mindspring.com
Fri Jan 18 12:30:05 EST 2002

"James P. Kinney III" wrote:

> Damaged hard drive during move?
>
> Boot it into single-user and run fsck. If it won't boot single-user, the
> / partition may be damaged. Boot from floppy and fsck.
>
> --

LDAP was not present, but httpd was.  As soon as I shut it down up the system
came.  I changed the address on eth1 (WEB) and more started working.  then opened
the port (80) on the NAT and others could browse the web pages or my server.  It
was going to 198.5.?.? , I forget the two to find the name of the server?

All is working now.  Linux didn't come up but it is purposeful not forgiving like
winbloze.

Thanks to all who replied!!!!  I learn only when I have problems.  When all goes
right how can we learn?  That's why we have ALE!!!

Comments always welcome!

--
_/  Rob Hoppe  (Atlanta)