[ale] Dumb Question wrt ATT & IPSec

Robert Heaven robertheaven at mediaone.net
Tue Jan 15 21:30:07 EST 2002

I have AT&T BB with a Linux firewall (blocking all incoming tcp and udp
1:1024). My company makes me use a laptop with WinNT. On the laptop I
have "Cisco VPN 3000 Client" and a certificate from Verisign. The
company has some Cisco VPN 3000 Concentrators that I connect to.

I'm no expert but, I think it's using IPSec. During the initial
connection (key exchange) it's using tcp to connect but then it changes
to udp for all data txfer after that.

By the way, if anyone know where I can find documentation, I'd love to
get this certificate and VPN working on my Linux and/or FreeBSD boxes.

-Robert