Re: [ale] Who has the best drives? Was Re: [ale] Just an FYI for those using UDMA

Michael Smith msmith at mikeandmel.com
Tue Jan 15 15:43:29 EST 2002

I definitely agree with you on SCSI but I strongly disagree with you about
Western Digital.  I have had between 10 and 15 WD on machines at home and I
would say that 5 out of those 15 developed bad blocks with a year or 2.  I
think they are a lower quality or maybe I have just had bad luck with
them.  If I had a bit more money and they had easier availability, I would
probably buy IBM drives.  My wifes machine has been up nearly 2 years in a
fairly warm and dusty room.  If a drive can hold up in those type of
surroundings then they got to be pretty good.

--
Michael Smith
msmith at mikeandmel.com