[ale] cgi problems on apache

Ken Nagorski kenn at refriedgeek.com
Mon Jan 14 16:21:44 EST 2002

Hi there,

I am having problems executing cgi scripts on an apache server I set up. I
think that maybe the options are screwed up but I don't know that for sure.
All I keep getting a "forbidden" error from apache. This is what I have for
the options in apache.

Directory />
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
</Directory>

<Directory /home>
   Options SymLinksIfOwnerMatch Includes Indexes ExecCGI
   AllowOverride None
</Directory>

Is there something else I can try. I set the perms to 777 just to test and I
know that isn't the problem.

Thanks
Ken

But I don't want to go among mad people,
Alice remarked.
Oh, you can't help that, said the Cat:
we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.
How do you know I'm mad? said Alice.
You must be, said the Cat,
or you wouldn't have come here.