[ale] cat5

Denny Chambers dchambers at snapserver.com
Mon Jan 14 14:16:15 EST 2002

This sounds like a bad idea to me. You may actually get it to work, but
I would think it would only work on shorter cables. On longer cables I
would think that the signals would degrade allot faster, especially if
both sets of pairs were carrying allot of signals. Using twice as many
cables is not uncommon in computer cables. Differential SCSI use twisted
pairs to extend the effective length of the cable.

--
Denny Chambers
Quantum Corporation, Inc.
IM: bugfixer at jabber.org