[ale] my gui or your gui?

Vernard Martin vernard at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Jan 14 13:08:08 EST 2002

On Mon, 2002-01-14 at 13:05, Dow Hurst wrote:
> Stephen,
> Your GUI is really your window manager and desktop manager.  So under
> Unix/Linux you will always use X whether from XFree.org or AcceleratedX
> or MetroX.  If your having problems, let us know what they are and we
> might be able to help.

The only other alternative to X Windows under linux that I am aware of
is the MGR project. Its pretty much defunct now but I used to use it
back when linux was still distributed on floppies by SLS.

You can also look into Berlin which is part of the GGI project.

hope this helps

Vernard Martin (vernard at cc.gatech.edu)  Darkness has a hunger thats
insatiable.
http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~vernard/      Lightness has a call thats hard