[ale] can't reach sites using DSL

Jim Philips jcphil at mindspring.com
Mon Jan 14 10:39:32 EST 2002

For weeks now, I haven't been able to reach some sites that I used to
visit all of the time. Some of those sites are:

http://my.weather.com
http://my.monster.com
http://www.dvdovernight.com
http://www.suntrust.com

This all happened after I upgraded to RedHat 7.2. Most sites load as fas
as they always did. I have tried changing MTU and RWIN to no effect. The
attistude of Earthlink support seems to be "Yeah, we'll get back to you
on that later". I am looking for a few more things to try before I give
up on Mindspring/Earthlink altogether. Any ideas?