[ale] Routing SMB Packets

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Fri Jan 11 19:50:27 EST 2002

I just had a RH7.0 server crash on me.  I;ve replaced it with a RH6.0 server
and had noticed somethine interesting in regards to SMB traffic.

 have everything setup corretcly in regards to being a functional DSL
gateway.  It connects 3 locations via VPN/PPP using the publice address.
However,  I can ping, I can telnet between machines.

smbclient -L \\[IPADDRESS] works from anywhere on the network.  But it can
no longer connect via my Windows machines.  Is there something I may have
forgot to set on the gateway?

Chris