[ale] Perl question > Gnucash

Michael E. Barker mbarker68 at home.com
Fri Jan 11 12:25:12 EST 2002

Jim Seymour wrote:

> I am trying to set up Gnucash to get stock quotes. I am getting an error
> that it cannot locate LWP/UserAgent.pm when trying to get stock quotes.
>   According to the diagnostic message this is the line it fails at:
>
> use LWP::UserAgent;
>
> This is a RedHat 7.1 system with 2.4.16 kernel and Gnucash 1.4.9.  I
> have no knowledge of perl progamming.  Does anyone know what this line
> is looking for or has anyone successfully set up Gnucash to get stock
> quotes?
>
> TIA,
>
> Jim Seymour
>
> ---
> sent to listmaster at ale dot org.

First download the LWP package named libwww-perl-5.63.tar.gz from:
http://cpan.org/modules/by-module/LWP/.  Then as root move this to
/usr/local/src and run the command;
> tar -xvzf libwww-perl-5.63.tar.gz
cd to the newly created directory and run the following commands.
> perl Makefile.PL
> make
> make test
> make install
Then fire up Gnucash and try your stock quotes again.

The above is the genral way to install perl modules.

Have fun

-Michael