[ale] kppp and its temp entries in /etc/resolve

lee lnx at alltel.net
Thu Jan 10 15:13:34 EST 2002

Hello Folks..

Ok..I've heard it mentioned that kppp goes outside the "normal" channels for
name resolution..I could be mistaken here,especially in my wording but what
causes kppp to enter temp entries into the /etc/resolve file ?
One fix I've heard (coulda been right here) was to make the resolve file read
only ?

Another fix I'm curious about is just another dialer altogether..say wvdial
for example. I used it in debian and worked well I thought.

If I knew what was causing these entries perhaps I could fix that ? It does
it to the point sometimes where it'll stop my surfing (more than 3
nameservers for ex.)

Thank you all..very much for your time.

Lee