[ale] X frame buffer

rhiannen rhiannen at atlantacon.org
Fri Jan 11 00:24:40 EST 2002

Edit /etc/X11/XF86config  (or wherever you distro put it.) <g>
Under

Section "Screen"

 - probably need to add something similar to:

        Identifier  "Screen0"
        Device      "Card0"
        Monitor     "Monitor0"
        Default Depth 16
# or 8, or 24, or 32, whatever is correct for your system
        SubSection   "Display"
                Depth    16
                Modes    "1024x768" 800x600" "640x480"
# or higher, if your system calls
# for it and you can read that small
                ViewPort 0 0
        EndSubSection

You may need to play around some, add a few SubSections, one for each
(color) depth & resolution.

--
rhia
knowledge is power - arm yourself