[ale] sendmail problems

Ken Nagorski kenn at refriedgeek.com
Fri Jan 4 14:10:01 EST 2002

Hi there,

I have a friend whos mail is broke and I don't seem to know why. Looking at
it it should work but there is something I don't know or see. This is the deal,

Mail was working fine. 11:30 yesterday it stopped
recieving email from anyone.  Everything ends up in the root mailbox
with an MX record error. I added one of the users to /etc/mail/trustedusers
and suddenly he was able to start recieving mail from his local
network, but not from outside their firewall. Any ideas?
Everything else sent from outside ends up in the root mailbox.

Thanks
Ken

---------------Zone file----------------------------------
$TTL 86400
@       IN      SOA     mail.twn.com.  root.localhost (
                        52 ; serial
                        28800 ; refresh
                        7200 ; retry
                        604800 ; expire
                        86400 ; ttl
                        )
        IN      NS      mail.twn.com.

        IN      MX      10   mail.twn.com.

mail    IN      A       192.168.210.41
mailhost        IN      A       192.168.210.41
chuck   IN      A       192.168.210.36
hppav   IN      A       192.168.210.34

www     IN      CNAME   mail.twn.com.

But I don't want to go among mad people,
Alice remarked.
Oh, you can't help that, said the Cat:
we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.
How do you know I'm mad? said Alice.
You must be, said the Cat,
or you wouldn't have come here.