[ale] setiathome screensaver

James Taylor jtaylor at fantasylane.net
Fri Jan 4 12:54:06 EST 2002

Same here - I set up  a screen icon so I can peek in on it
occasionally.

On my winblows boxes, I set the SAH screensaver to run for one minute
then go to a blank screen. I suppose I could do the command line
instead, but that would just be one more thing to do.

-jt

David S. Jackson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was just wondering how you guys set up your setiathome client
> to be a screensaver.  The README.xsetiathome isn't explicit on
> how this is done.  What works for me so far is to launch my
> screensaver from a script something like this:

David -

I run SAH on several machines here (see stats under hbbs at bellsouth.net)

but I don't ordinarily run xsetiathome unless I just want to see how my

total is coming.  I don't leave it up because it takes too much cycle
time.  On this Athlon 750, SAH running at nice 19 gets about 96% CPU as

seen in top, but if I start xsetiathome that goes down to 50-65% while

xsetiathome and X take up almost all of the rest.

- Jeff

should be
sent to listmaster at ale dot org.