[ale] config utility for X?

John Wells jbwellsiv at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 3 13:54:52 EST 2002

Another 3.3.6 question.  I'm accustomed to using
xf86config to configure my XF86Config file.  With this
source distribution of XFree86 I installed, xf86config
(nor any config utility) was included.

Are these typically distributed with X, or is there
somewhere I can download a utility separately?  I'm
not too keen on creating the XF86Config file on my own
from the example file (of course, it is an opportunity
to learn, albeit a time consuming one ;-))....

Thanks,
John