[ale] Small LINIX consulting project - will pay real money

Joe Stroup jstroup at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 28 12:18:27 EST 2002

To: ALE readers - ale at ale.org
Fr: Joe Stroup jstroup at earthlink.net

I need assistance on a small LINIX project.  (Unfortunately, my UNIX
experience is '70's vintage Berkely on PDP 11/70's)

I am a pilot instructor at a local airline, and I want to understand a
simulator product that runs on LINIX a little better.  The product is on a
bootable LINIX CD-ROM, using some flavor of RedHat.  The CD runs a couple of
C-Shell scripts when it boots up, configuring the environment and starting
the simulator.

I want to understand how this software is configured, so I can negotiate
with the vendor for improvements.  It runs much to slowly on the installed
platform.  I'd also like to configure the LINIX install for sound, which the
simulator supports, and possibly use a touch screen.

I figure about 2 or 3 hours of work ought to do it.  I can pay real money.
Or if you prefer, I can offer rides or lessons in my airplane.
http://home.earthlink.net/~jstroup/n128dm

Thanks for your help!