[ale] X applications in windows?

Jason Lynn jason_lynn_ at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 27 08:37:56 EST 2002

>I assume you want to run an X-_server_ on the windows box, to display
>applications running elsewhere?

yes.

>I ran a quick search and most offerings are coming out as shareware in the
>$90 range. If you don't need the MsWin functionality &;-P), you can set up
>a junker Linux box for about that price and be served an X-session from
>your host.
>
>  - John Mills

I'm basically trying to rid myself of using two monitors.  I have to keep my
Windows box around for games so my Windows monitor is pretty good.  My linux
monitor stinks so I'm trying to get rid of that.  I usually only need a
commandline interface, but there is an occasional need for X applications.
I'm also too cheap to buy a KVM switch.  I suppose I shouldn't have stated,