[ale] dual boot

Greg runman at telocity.com
Tue Feb 26 12:32:42 EST 2002

	Use www.google.com with words :   "slackware 8 windows 2000 dual boot  "
Straight from the webpage: Results 51 - 100 of about 2,860. Search took 0.67
seconds.

  	Your partition needs a file system that can be read by both OS's, yes ?
Well, MS only reads FAT16, FAT32, or NTFS.  However there is a utility that
will allow any MS system to read the ex2 fs and it has it's own website,
though I have never installed and used it.  Linux will read FAT16 or FAT32.
I think the kernel has support for NTFS, but the last I heard it was
experimental.  Please understand that moving stuff in and out of NTFS will
strip/screw with the file permissions.

	There is also the "Multi-boot Configuration Handbook" by Que

Good Luck,

Greg Canter