[ale] E-mail client - followup

Preston pb_lists at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 26 08:19:37 EST 2002

Hello Christopher,

CB> Ooops, here's the link to this software:
CB> http://www.ritlabs.com/the_bat/index.html

CB> And here's a review titled 'the Bat files out of Microsoft hell' from "the
CB> register":
CB> http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/archive/8446.html

CB> They say it's the Eudora-killer.

The Bat! is possibly the best email client I have ever used for
Windows.  I currently have used it for 2 years and have had ZERO
problems.  I use it for 18 different email addresses and nearly 80
email lists.  I can set each address to be checked at different
intervals, compress old messages on select folders, keep messages for
x days on said folders, an awesome array of filter options, wonderful
integration with PGP and GnuPG, and a high degree of virus protection
(it's written in Delphi).

I have been begging them (Rit Labs) to port it to Linux so I could run
it natively.

Needless to say, if you have to use a Windows machine and don't want
to use Outlook (for fear of virus, it doing "sneaky" things behind
your back, whatever...) give The Bat! a try.

--
Best regards,
 Preston