[ale] Tom's root boot (was Re: [ale] rescue disk)

John Wells jbwellsiv at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 24 21:17:36 EST 2002

I'm booted into Tom's just fine.  However, when I try
to mount the ext3 filesystem, I get "EXT2-fs: 03:01:
couldn't mount because of unsupport option features.
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on
/dev/hda1, or too many mounted filesystems."

If I try to add "-t ext3", it says ext3 is not
supported by the kernel.

Also, if I try to run e2fsck on /dev/hda1 I get "No
such device : couldn't load ext3 journal for
/dev/hda1".

Fdisk still reads the partition table correctly.

Any ideas on how to repair?

Thanks,
John