[ale] rescue disk

John Wells jbwellsiv at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 24 15:15:15 EST 2002

I have a laptop running RH 7.2 on which I screwed
something up and now it won't boot (kernel panic).  As
Murphy's Law would dictate, the one time I need the
rescue disk it seems to have disappeared.

I have other systems running RH 7.2.  Is there anyway
to create a boot disk on one of these systems and then
use it to get the laptop booted?  i don't know how
machine specific a boot disk is, but I'm thinking it's
tied pretty heavily and that this won't work.

Info is appreciated.

Thanks,
John