[ale] no jpeg images, e.g. when viewing Ebay items..............

Ron Cordell roncordell at attbi.com
Sun Feb 24 10:38:12 EST 2002

On Saturday 23 February 2002 09:54 pm, Courtney Thomas wrote:
> Greetings !
>
> Running Netscape6.2 under Debian-2.4.6, I now find that
> the items on Ebay that have included pictures
> [jpeg images, I think] show a blank.
>
> Formerly this was not the case and seems to have
> spontaneously occurred ;-)
>
> Anyway, how might this be remedied, please ?
>
> Appreciatively,
> Courtney
>

> ---
> be sent to listmaster at ale dot org.

I don't konw about Netscape 6.2, but in Mozilla there are settings that
prevent the loading of images unless they come from the original server. So
if someone put an image in their eBay listing that comes from another server
such as a personal web page space, then Mozilla won't load the image. This is
parameter that you can find (in Mozilla) under Preferences/Advanced

-ronc