[ale] cpu heat

John Wells jbwellsiv at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 23 23:54:35 EST 2002

That's actually not to bad a temp.  That works out to
be around 45 celcius.  My AMD 900mhz slot A idles at
around 38 celcius (100.4 fahrenheit)  and hits a max
of 48 celcius, and that's with a slot fan and card
cooler installed.  I also have the temp probe a bit
away from the die (on the outside of the cartridge),
so those readings are probably a little optimistic.

When I looked into it around a year ago, I think the
panic temps (according to AMD's site...they're still
there somewhere) are around 65 celcius (149 f) so
you're fine.  I would expect a 1.4 socket would run a
bit higher anyway.

John