[ale] Flash/Shockwave and other plug-ins?

Fulton Green ale at FultonGreen.com
Fri Feb 22 10:08:47 EST 2002

Depends. When I run Linux, I have no plug-ins for Mozilla, so I wind up
getting a lot of notifications about needing plug-ins for the Java VM and
for Flash. I did try to install the Flash 5 player plug-in, but that only
made Mozilla crash on Flash sites. I'll try to navigate the site the best
I can, but otherwise I don't even bother to complain. I have 10^6 other
things to do.

OTOH, in IE, I'll install plug-ins for Real, QuickTime, Acrobat, and
Shockwave (which includes Flash). Those seem to be the most ubiquitous
Internet media formats. I've also downloaded Adobe's SVG player since it
actually deals with an open standard. I ignore requests to download most
other types of plug-ins, which usually deal with proprietary streaming
audio/video, panoramic graphics and three-dimensional virtual worlds.