[ale] OT: Help me figure out what is happening?

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at attbi.com
Fri Feb 22 08:25:20 EST 2002

I did send a message back explaining about the security risk and asking
if there were another way I could complete their form.  Interestingly,
in the woman's original message, she talked about faxing back the end
result, which stuck me as odd because the whole point of the exercise
would seem to me to be online submittal.

I've already decided that if I get back a ration of sheitz from that
e-mail - basically, anything other than "My goodness, Mr. Hubbs, you're
right - we didn't realize this" - I'm going to politely withdraw my
application.  Fighting with co-workers/managers about the most basic and
obvious computer security issues is something I've had more of in my
career than I should have as it is.

- Jeff