[ale] hackers and thier methods

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Tue Feb 19 18:34:42 EST 2002

What I meant was that there is a shell on my box and I wrote.  Therefore I
know ist capabilites as well as other software.

I totally agree with what you wrote below.  As a exercise last year I
created a small system on a floppy.  Not like Tom's root and boot.
Not like any distro.  Basically It was a kernel and 1 binary.  The binary
had everything it needed including init.  IT was designed pretty much like
Busybox but provided obnly the features needed to support a function.
Therefore hacking was futile.  The best way is to create a box
that would excute your program instead of init that would setup ethernet and
firwalling services.  Thats it.   Not sure what hacking would gain there.