[ale] hackers and thier methods

Stephen Turner artic_knight at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 19 17:42:40 EST 2002

so i remove all these packages from my box, should i bother removing vi? it offers no hacks as i see it but i suppose my REAL question is, can a linux hacker or someone hacking linux run programs outside of your box that will configure, alter the box? or do you have to add programs such as a text editor in order to alter text? and what stops them from installing or "planting" them on my server?Do You Yahoo!?