[ale] Modify HTML on the fly?

Benjamin Dixon beatle at arches.uga.edu
Mon Feb 18 10:48:00 EST 2002

Does anyone know of software the can act something like a proxy server for
HTML pages but that will also let me modify those pages on the fly? What I
want to do is setup my internal lan such that every page has a menubar
across the top in a frameset. This would mean if a user goes to
http://slashdot.org, I would intercept this, fetch the page and return a
frameset or something like that with my menubar. I have a general idea of
how to implement this using iptables and some custom software but I was
hoping to save some time and headaches by finding something already
available.

Ben