[ale] https

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Fri Feb 15 09:11:21 EST 2002

I believe your assessment is accurate, but when you are presented with
the dialog regarding the unrecognized cert., you have three options,
accept this once, accept forever, don't accept.

Now, I might be wrong, but I believe the original poster of this thread
indicated that this would be accessed by a small subset of
clients/employees.  In such a situation, I think you're okay to take
this approach.  They get the dialog and they accept it, based on the
fact they've been told that this is going to happen.

Now, if I was going to www.buystuff.com and was presented such a dialog
prior to entering my purchasing data, you can bet I'd pop that cancel
button in a second, and never return...

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

"...the system (Microsoft passport) carries significant risks to users that
are not made adequately clear in the technical documentation available."
- David P. Kormann and Aviel D. Rubin, AT&T Labs - Research
- http://www.avirubin.com/passport.html