[ale] Create custom log

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Thu Feb 14 17:48:51 EST 2002

On Thu, 14 Feb 2002 sangell at nan.net wrote:

> I would like to log ftp transactions but have exhausted all efforts to
> find a solution to do that since I am using F-Secure and sftp. Any help?
> Anybody?

Do you have to use F-Secure?  I don't think its sftp server has any
capability to log transfers.  It didn't last time I used it, but it's been a
while....  You should harass their tech support to see.

If you don't have to use F-Secure, the commercial ssh.com sftp server just
added support for transfer logging in the new 3.1 version.  That's probably
your best bet.  Alternately, openssh's sftp server can be made to log
transactions (sort-of; either add code if you want it to do it cleanly, or
if you don't want to code, just madly crank up the debugging output, which
will log transactions and everything else).

later,
chris