[ale] more business software

hirsch at zapmedia.com hirsch at zapmedia.com
Thu Feb 14 09:03:10 EST 2002

In all the discussions of Quickbooks for Linux, etc., I didn't see any
mention of NOLA.  It was mentioned in last months Linux Journal in the
"Focus on Software" section.  It appears to be an apache/mysql
bookkeeping package.

Here's the blurb from the website: http://nola.noguska.com/gpage.html

    The NOLA web based software package allows your business to
    effortlessly reach further than previously thought possible. NOLA
    provides your company's accounting, inventory, point of sale, contact
    management, billing, puchasing, and reporting all in one integrated
    package. NOLA takes e-commerce to the next step, allowing for real
    time inventory quantity updates. Users are able to do ANYTHING from
    ANYWHERE.

The same Linux Journal article recommended SQL-ledger
<http://www.sql-ledger.org/> for small businesses, and NOLA for medium
businesses.

I've never used either package, nor have I ever used Quickbooks or any
other accounting package.  I have never even used Quicken.

--Michael