[ale] https

Fulton Green ale at FultonGreen.com
Wed Feb 13 10:10:14 EST 2002

Yes, it requires the cooperation of your ISP. Specifically, your host must
be able to speak HTTP/S. This is usually accomplished with the mod_ssl
module for Apache, which your ISP may already have installed. Your ISP must
also be willing to install the security certificate that authenticates your
site.

Speaking of which, certs can be had through companies like Thawte or
Verisign. They usually cost something though.