[ale] FUD - Re: [ale] Solaris apps on linux

jeff hubbs hbbs at mediaone.net
Tue Feb 12 10:08:23 EST 2002

John Mills wrote:

> Hi -
>
> Not so long ago, there were 'hobby-use-only' license terms to download and
> run Solaris on x86 hardware. I don't know how hardware-specific those
> downloads are.

I've seen that version of Solaris run before, and I have to say that
GUI-wise at least, it looked very crude, and IIRC there were issues with
getting the video and NIC working correctly (personal FUD-mongering, I
admit).  My concern with trying to do anything with Solaris x86 is that
I don't feel like it gets as much development attention as Solaris SPARC
or Linux x86 does.