[ale] RedHat 7.2 Power Off Doesn't :-(

Robert Heaven robertheaven at mediaone.net
Mon Feb 11 16:58:41 EST 2002

I had the same problem in Mandrake 8.1. The script /etc/rc.d/init.d/halt
was using a "halt -p" which is supposted to be a "powerdown" option.
Unfortunately, it doesn't work with my hardware (but Winblows does) so I
had to "vi" the halt script and take out the "-p" option because I got
tired of seeing the trap errors.