[ale] OT: Viewing Habits Re: [ale] IBM linux e-server comercial.

aaron aaron at pd.org
Sun Feb 10 21:35:56 EST 2002

> > "James P. Kinney III" wrote:
> > > That's a GREAT idea!!
> > > A geek-grill potluck for ALE family
> > > and friends.

> Joe replied:
> > Make it a potLATCH*: bring all your old
> > Windows CDs, WinModems,
> > and other M$-tainted stuff, and have a
> > big bonfire... :-)

Adrin noted:
> > You know there is an outdoor burning ban
> >  in the Metro Area.  :)

We can work around that ordinance easy enough.

First, we just use an equally gratifying sledge hammer to recycle the
worthless hardware bits to their original silicon form.

Then you "torch" the worthless winblows software CD's via microwave oven:
just place the CD on a cup so it's near the middle of the oven, then nuke
it for about 5 seconds on high to get the plazma arc going. The process
burns a real pretty, random lightning like pattern in the metal foil.
Might even be a Fun and Educational activity for the kids!  :^)

peace
(after justice)
aaron