[ale] LFS bios?

Michael Golden naugrimk at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 10 17:15:50 EST 2002

On Sun, 2002-02-10 at 16:44, Stephen Turner wrote:
> ok well im probobly going to take on this lil project
> of mine, makeing a file server run from bios ;)
> anyways is there specific daya in bios that i need
> that the linux kernel doesnt have ? or can i just
> flash a os (asumeing its small enough) onto a bios
> chip and it work? i have not had any experience in
> bios yet, if theres anything i should read rather than
> you guys write a long email about what i need to do
> thats cool to :) im just curious what i need to get
> doing? or has someone allready done this?

I think you will have a lot of difficulty in getting this project to
work and find that it involves a lot more low level stuff than you could
possibly imagine. However, I would like to promote exploration. The only
thing even close to this that I have heard of is LinuxBIOS. You might
take a look at what they have at http://www.linuxbios.org and see what
you can do.

--
Michael Golden <naugrimk at yahoo.com>