[ale] OT: Viewing Habits Re: [ale] IBM linux e-server comercial.

Michael E. Barker mbarker68 at home.com
Sat Feb 9 00:34:41 EST 2002

Ok, since I pretty much started this thread with IBM linux e-server
comercial topic I guess I should give my two cents on the viewing
habits.

I don't watch much tv myself.  The "Hobbies and Interests" line from
resume pretty much explains my watching the foodtv network:

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, Public Speaking, Gourmet Cooking,
Musicianship, Golf, and Graphic Arts.

I love to read and I'm a hopeless bibliophile.  When I was in Smyrna
Thu. for the meeting at Buffalo's I stopped in the Barnes & Noble store
both before and after the meeting.  When I spent 7 weeks in London
consulting I spent a lot of time in W.H. Smith on Picadilly Street.
Reading takes up most of my interest even if its research on the net so
I figure that's the biggest reason I don't watch tv.

I also have boys that are almost 7 and 3 so that takes up alot of time.
We will sit and watch movies mostly and once in a while will watch
cartoon network.  I love "Ed, Edd and Eddy".

Lately I've been spending more time with my classical guitar so there's
more time away from the tube.

Golf isn't in season right now but I will check out the golf channel on
occasion.

I've been learning blender lately and with my 6 years as free-form solid
modeler in the aerospace industry I've come up with a couple of
animation ideas to work on with the 6 year old.  More time away from the
one-eyed-beast.

So there you are for those wondering what the foodtv network is and why
someone would watch it.  I love to cook and if you've seen me in person
you can guess that I love to eat as well.
--
-Michael